No actual cooking involved!
Lately, I’ve been trying to learn how to cook more things. But cooking is hard! So fuck cooking. Make cold food!
If you’re going to a potluck or you’re hosting some sort of gathering in your nest, you should totally get with these super easy little hors d’oeuvres. I don’t know if that’s the right term for these but, in any case, they make awesome snacks! I spent less than 15 bucks for all the ingredients and you only need a bit of each ingredient to make these. I’m not sure what to call them and I don’t know if this recipe already exists somewhere (I got it from my old roommate), but essentially they’re bite-size baguette slices topped with cream cheese, roasted red peppers and capers.
- roasted garlic cream cheese (or just regular cream cheese, whatever)
- roasted red peppers (in a jar… depending on the size of them and how many snacks you want to make, you should only need a few peppers)
- some sort of french baguette
- capers (these also come in a jar and you can probably find them for cheap)
- Slice the baguette into pieces about 1/2 inch thick.
- Spread some cream cheese on each one.
- Take some roasted red peppers out of the jar and cut them into small strips.
- Put the peppers strips on top of each piece of the baguette.
- Put 4 or 5 capers on top of the pepper strips on each piece of the baguette.
- And done!
Literally the easiest and most delicious snacks ever. Plus they’re colourful and pleasant to look at!